Bird's disease, Identifying characters and Treatments
Early Diagnosis : The natural instinct of wild birds are to hide the disease. Because the sick or weak bird is disturbed or killed by other birds of the group. As a result, there is almost nothing to do when the bird's illness is diagnosed.
By observing the birds in the dawn, some symptoms must be noticed.
Some of the symptoms are given below -
1) Water discharging from eyes,
2) Clarity or colour change of eyes,
3) Keeping eyes closed,
4) Swelling around the eyes,
5) Laying mucus from the nose,
6) Nasal congestion,
8) Reluctance to eat,
9) Uneven feathers,
10) Lack of agility,
11) Dropping wings,
12) Not work on arranging the features,
13) Not making the usual scream or noises,
14) Weight loss,
15) Not being able to maintain body balance,
16) Not being able to sit on the rod or sitting under the cage,
17) Inability to stand by one foot,
18) Swelling of the legs or joints,
19) Changing of quantity and nature of stool,
20) Keeping the tail up and down while resting,
21) Appearance poxes of any part of the body,
22) Bleeding (streamly saver symptom),
23) Breathing from mouth while resting position,
Illness of birds: Birds have the ability to fight with germs very easily. Very few caged birds get sick by timely balanced diet, protection from natural disaster etc. Despite that, the caged birds sometimes gets sick. When they get sick they get weak also. My special request to the bird lovers is that, it is not sufficient to get the birds balanced diet only, you have to spend time with them. You have to be conscious about that. You have to keep eye on them. Then they will explain their difficulties to you. And if you have less time, then you can't keep more birds. A few birds should be kept.
How pathogens attack birds:
1) By human:
A) Birds become infected when they come in contact with humans infected by certain pathogens.
Example - Candia, E. Coli, Salmonella etc.
B) Many times germs are carried by shoes, clothes, hair, even by hands.
Example - Pachecos virus, Psittacosis etc.
C) From dirty things better that are used for birds : From Dirty food or pot of water given to the birds, broom, spray gun used to kill pests, pots and boxes used for hatching from these bacterial infection can be found. Even this need to be known that, the germs can survive even if the things used for the birds are keep away from the birds for several months. When they get proper whether they will active again.
Even from newly brought birds: Newly bought birds should never be kept with pre-caged birds. The bird must be disinfected to keep with pre-caged birds.
Pests: The word pest means that which cause diseases. We can consider the birds that are surrounded by rats, insects, flies etc like crow, sparrow, dove etc as pests. Rats, insects, flies carry the germs of many diseases, but they can never be infected. But when birds get in touch with them they can be infected by deadly diseases. For that reason, they need to be stop entering or come closer to the cage.
Fear or external stress: For fear or external stress, immunity of all living things of earth is reduced. At that time various germs enter the body of that animal and propagates. It also be remembered that, for excessive stress the bacteria of the body become active. So you have to make sure that the birds will not get afraid or irritated. The peace of mind of a bird prevents diseases in its body.
Ways to prevent diseases:
1) No outsider should be allowed to enter the birdroom, especially getting back from another birdrooms.
2) If anyone want to enter the birdroom, then he has to keep his shoes and socks outside the room.
3) Many people should not be entered together.
4) Bird's food or water pot must be cleaned by potassium permanganate once in a week. Shop should not be used.
5) After ending the reproduction period the pot or the boxes must be cleaned by salt and then it should be dried in the sun.
6) During the rainy season inside of the cage should be kept clean.
7) Lizards, rats, flies, insects should keept away from the birds,
8) The floor attic should be kept well clean and indoor should be arranged like that the air can circulate well,
9) New birds should be disinfected at first to keep with pre-caged birds.
Diseases caused by parasites: By hearing parasite germs we understand that germs that entered and nest inside the bodies of other living being and reproduces and herbs that host animal.
All this has been said before that how this diseases are sprayed in birds.
Types of diseases in bird -
1) Viral disease,
2) Bacterial disease,
3) Fungal disease
A) Viral diseases:
1) Symptoms of this diseases are - birds pluck their feathers by their beaks very much, body will be itchy, from different parts of the body will continue to fall off. But it is not the natural moulting. As a result of this disease, the beak of the bird has been found to be crooked and enlarged.
2) Pachecos disease : This kind of virus harms to the bird's liver. It even impairs the performance of the liver.
3) Polyoma virus : Big birds don't die infected with this kind of virus. But the birds are facing many difficulties by the time of reproduction.
Example - infertile eggs, death of the embryo in the egg or the chicks in the nest died.
4) Psittacine Wasting Disease : Birds are seen sitting quietly, infected by this kind of virus. And lose weight in a very short time. Eventually death without eating is also seen.
5) Pox Disease : Poxes are found on the skin around the eyes of birds, upper side of the beak, at the skin or at the base of toe nails. And later this boxes are filled with pus. Water discharging from the eyes are seen. The fingers of the toe started to rotten. Chest pain also be seen. So, birds die by abstaining from eating.
B) Diseases caused by bacteria :
The birds who eat a balanced diet they are not at risk of bacterial infections. Usually by rotten food at room temperature or from the part of bird droppings, a lot of bacteria will grow there. The bird is attacked by bacteria.
Diseases caused by the bacteria are -
1) Infections at the respiratory tract.
Symptoms - Sneezing, coughing, runny nose etc.
2) Esophageal or liver infection.
Symptoms - Quantity of consuming food will be reduced, vomiting or can be observed. The birds will sit quietly and the type of dropping will change.
3) Genital infections: There are no external symptoms of this disease. But for the birds infected with this disease, seen that they are not enthusiastic about breeding or they are not laying eggs.
Infection on excretory system : Symptoms of this disease are - birds will drink plenty of water, even if the bird eats and drinks like a healthy bird, it will lose weight gradually and the kidneys will also starting to damage.
1) Aspergillosis : Birds get sick and again, due to not eating balanced diet there is an physical deficiency. So that this disease occurred.
2) Candida infection : This disease usually occurs in the mouth or esophagus. General these are contagious diseases of caged pet birds. No medicine should be applied without knowing the exact disease of the bird. The result can be deadly. There is no system in the laboratory to test the droppings, blood of the pet caged birds. Every diagnoses are not possible without laboratory tests.